About Van Buren County
80 Miles of Major Infrastructure
40 Miles of Rail
40 Miles of Interstate
Boasting 14 miles of
Lake Michigan shoreline
There are over 300 inland lakes and ponds within the county.
The Kalamazoo-Portage MSA is ranked the 5th most affordable place to live in the U.S.
What is Economic Development?
A strong economy and community is made up of three main focus areas: People, Community, and Business.
Our Strategic Plan
- Form an Economic Development Organization
- Create countywide economic development plan
- Establish county Land Bank
4. Develop county industrial sites
5. Augment the current Revolving Loan Fund
6. Countywide high-speed internet connectivity
7. Develop county Business Connect program